‘Alive in Christ – Living for Jesus ‘– Our voices were raised in praise yesterday as we sang the songs of celebration that our Savior lives and because He lives, we are alive in Christ. We not only have the hope of living forever in His presence, but we have the privilege and joy of His presence in us today – to know Him and to serve Him. As the song says – ‘I serve a risen Savior, He’s in the world today. I know that He is living, whatever man may say; I see His hand of mercy, I hear His voice of cheer; and just the time I need Him, He’s always near. He lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives today! He walks with me and talks with me along life’s narrow way. He lives, He lives, salvation to impart! You ask me how I know He lives – He lives within my heart.’ Jesus’ words to us in John 11:25-26 are our hope and encouragement – ‘I am the resurrection and the life; he that believes in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live; and whoever lives and believes in me shall never die’.
As we approach this week of preparing ourselves through prayer for the Georgia Baptist Women Spring Event at Stone Mountain on April 13-14, let’s rejoice that we are ‘alive in Christ’ to worship and praise Him, to share His love with others, to serve Him through missions and ministry, to make Him known among the nations, and to encourage other believers.
Let’s join our hearts together this week in prayer as we:
- Pray for God to speak to all who are preparing to share their experiences in our worship sessions and in the conferences
- Pray for God to prepare the hearts of all who attend to hear the words that God has prepared through the special speakers and conference leaders
- Pray for hearts and minds to be open to new opportunities for involvement in ministry and missions as we hear from missionaries and talk to those who share their ministries through the many displays and exhibits
- Pray for an amazing time of worship as we are led in songs of praise – may our hearts join together as we focus on the One Who lives in us
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to draw us to Him through prayer, Bible study, and worship in a way that we will experience a refreshing of His living in us and a greater desire to live to serve Him
‘Living for Jesus, a life that is true,
Striving to serve Him in all that I do;
Yielding allegiance, glad-hearted and free;
This is the pathway of blessing for me.’ (Thomas Chisholm)
Mary Laughman, Georgia WMU Prayer Coordinator
Downloadable PDF Call_4_2_18