‘Alive in Christ – His Breath in Us ‘– As we continue to prepare our hearts through prayer for the 2018 Georgia Baptist Women Spring Event at Stone Mountain on April 13-14, let’s focus this week on the One who gave us life as He breathed the breath of live into His creation beginning with Adam – ‘then the Lord God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature’ (Genesis 2:7). It is impossible for us to live without air in our lungs. When there is a lack of air, we know how important it is to provide oxygen through a number of medical procedures – we all want to live, and we welcome the oxygen when there is trouble breathing – medical personnel will do all they can to keep their patient breathing.
Sometimes our spiritual lives need some help from others to be sure that we are doing more than just surviving – that we are fully alive in Christ. We need those who can encourage us from God’s Word, we need times of worshipping and praising God together as we focus on the One Who makes us fully alive, we need the Holy Spirit to convict us of where we are and how we can make life changes, so we will follow His plan for our lives. Jesus came to give us life and He wants us to live it abundantly (John 10:10).
Let’s pray this week for all the personnel who are preparing for our time together and those who will be leading and encouraging us to focus on being fully ‘Alive in Christ’:
- March 26 – Pray for our Georgia WMU/WEM support staff (Joyce, Anglia, and Daphne) as they prepare materials, work through all the registration details, finalize logistics, etc.
- March 27 – Pray for our Georgia WMU/WEM ministry consultants (Karen, Beverly, and Tabitha) as they finalize details with program guests and conference speakers, etc.
- March 28 – Pray for Beth Ann Williams and Lisa Thompson, our Georgia WMU/WEM Executive Director and President, as they prepare to interpret our theme for the weekend and provide leadership and direction to ensure we experience an amazing weekend together
- March 29 – Pray for our worship leaders, Dr. Will Whittaker and Ivy Creek Baptist Church Worship Team, as they prepare to lead us during the worship sessions
- March 30 – Pray for our special program guests, Martha Lawley and all who will be sharing their personal experiences and encouraging us during our worship sessions
- March 31 – Pray for our many conference leaders as they prepare to share their knowledge and experiences to encourage us to be more actively involved in God’s kingdom work
- April 1 – Pray for all who will be attending – that hearts will be prepared to hear God speak, that lives will be revived and changed, and that commitments will be made that are lasting
‘Breathe on me, Breath of God, fill me with life anew
That I may love what thou dost love and do what thou wouldst do.
Breathe on me, Breath of God, until my heart is pure,
Until with thee I will Thy will, to do and to endure’ (Edwin Hatch)
Mary Laughman, Georgia WMU Prayer Coordinator
Downloadable PDF Call_3_26_18