We believe it is a privilege and honor to partner with workers in Israel for prayer. Georgia Baptist women have been praying specifically for the people groups living in Israel. Each month a specific prayer list is sent to leaders to distribute among their women.
Look at any media and within a few minutes it is apparent that situations in the Middle East are urgent. You can influence situations through prayer. Be a part of an on-going prayer ministry on behalf of the Jewish people, the Palestinians, the believers, the Israeli Arab Muslims and the Bedouins who inhabit the land of Israel.
Prayer points to pray for Israel and her neighbors:
- Pray for the region as a whole. The war in Gaza is directly related to the chaos throughout the area and in some parts of the region, the violence and killing are worse than in Gaza.
- Pray for wisdom for government officials facing complex decisions.
- Pray for the refugees in Syria and Iraq—protection, food, school for children to name a few—and that they will be able to return to their homes soon.
- Pray for God Himself to bring reconciliation among the people groups and for genuine healing to occur.
- Pray that these troubles will cause many in the region to call upon the name of the Lord for salvation.
Lord, may we speedily see Isaiah 19 in our day. “In that day there will be a highway from Egypt to Assyria. The Assyrians will go to Egypt and the Egyptians to Assyria. The Egyptians and Assyrians will worship together. In that day Israel will be the third, along with Egypt and Assyria, a blessing on the earth. The Lord Almighty will bless them, saying, ‘Blessed be Egypt my people, Assyria my handiwork, and Israel my inheritance.’” (Isaiah 19:23-25)